Thursday, April 7, 2011

Kiss and Make Up

Next on the wedding agenda: make up!

I'm planning on going the professional route, seeing as my skill with make up is...putting it on sometimes every six weeks? (True story! One day I wore make up to work, when one of my coworkers stopped me and commented on it. I guess the nice thing to say would have been something like, "You look really pretty today!" Instead she said "Wow, you look SO MUCH BETTER today than you usually do!" .... And I said, "Thank...? You...?")

So, to the salon!

The plan is to schedule my hair and make up trial for my bridal shower, so I can be glammed out for my lovely friends and family. And since the bridal shower is swiftly approaching, I spent an evening wandering around Internet-land picking out some possible make up looks.

I'm thinking soft and romantic, pink cheeks, natural look


Basically: Keira Knightley in every movie ever.


And also real life...
This one I like because it's still soft and romantic, but with a little more oomph


Here she is again in different light.
Love the smoky eyes, although I might want something a little less sultry


Another natural beauty.
Since I never wear make up, I'd like my to be enhancing, but minimal.
Something like this pretty much takes the cake.


In my dream world, I would pull off bright red lips.
Sadly, I am completely incompetent when it comes to this look,
and I always end up looking like a cross between Ronald McDonald and Miss Havisham.


Plus, while I am pale-as-paper white,
my skin tone isn't quite as red-lippy friendly as Ms. Hathaway's.


Pink cheeks, little color on the lips, bright and clear skin--
just enough pretty to be special,
not so dramatic that I still look like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment